Sunday, August 5, 2007

Waiting to Exhale

Let me tell you, I've been waiting *all weekend* for this, and only one question has been on my mind: WHO'S NOW? Do it, lemme hear ya say, big things poppin', sportscenta' rockin', who's now, do it (hey, hey)...

In a shocking turn of events, the most nowy of athletes is Tiger Woods. He had this to say upon winning the...uh...crown:

"As a huge fan of ESPN, this is an honor. They always come up with cool new content. I'd like to thank all the fans who took the time to vote for me."

And I'd like to point out that Tiger did not actually say that this particular "new content" was, in fact, cool. So +1 to Tiger for intelligent wordsmithing.

Finally, I'd like to take a minute to publicly question why Michael Wilbon, a highly respected journalist for many years, would stoop to working on the "panel of judges" for this garbage. Mr. Wilbon, I await your response.

p.s. If you haven't seen it yet, Mighty MJD has a great spoof on this here.

No comments: